If you are setting up a new business one of the first things you need is a hosting plan. This is one of the most important things when it comes to your website especially if you don’t plan on enlisting the help of a developer all the time. I went for the first one that had a big name when I started and wow do I regret that! I should have done my research, decided on what I needed and found a company that would fit. So here are my tips on what to look for.
- Will the company be able to grow with you competitively? Yes right now you want one website but this may grow and some packages get really expensive the more you add to it so make sure you look into this.
- How will you contact the website if needed? A local phone number may seem great but if you plan on travelling will the number always be local and will you always have credit? Find a plan that has a live chat feature that can help you.
- How willing to help you are they? If you are anything like me and you start fiddling around with code you may break the website. You need a company that will help you without charging you the earth.
- What are their back ups like? Unfortunately you have to plan for disaster. Make sure you have a company that has daily free back ups of your website and stores them for you. Therefore if you get hacked you have a back up and roll back time.
- Do not pay for emails! This should be a free service but for some reasons some companies believe they can bully you into purchasing emails because you don’t know any difference.
I use Siteground and I cannot fault them. They have helped me every step of the way. They have fixed coding errors that were mine. They have transferred websites to their server for me and talked me through step by step how to add additional domains. I use their online chat all the time because I travel I don’t always have access to a phone or want to spend hours on hold. If you would like to trial Siteground then please use this link
If you love this post or even found it a little bit about then please share it on Pinterest:
****Disclaimer if you use the link I will make money from your referral****