I often get asked how to eat healthy when travelling in Asia. It is hard to stay on track when you are travelling because there are so many distractions and so many good treats to try. I talk to so many people that have put on weight after travelling. So here are a few things to be aware of when travelling in this beautiful country.
- They love to add sugar to everything. Always ask for your juices and smoothies without sugar.
- Try to only have rice or noodles once a day. Lots of meals come with rice and noodles and are usually fried. Try to order a stir fry veg or meat dish and go without the rice for lunch.
- Don’t be fooled and end up “treating” yourself every day. Especially if you are travelling long term you can very easily get into bad habits here.
- Stay away from alcohol every day! It is not needed to meet people and it is unnecessary calories for your body. Especially as in Asia you will probably be drinking beer.
- Make sure you have an awesome supplement range. You can’t get all the nutrients you need from normal food anymore so you certainly can’t get the nutrients you need from a travellers budget diet.
- I always start the day with a nutrient dense superfoods smoothie. I carry them with me everywhere so that I know that whatever else I eat for the rest of the day, I have my bases covered with my nutrients from the outset. If you want more info on these flick me a message and I can send you some more info.
Do you love this article? Then please share on Pinterest and Facebook: