Benefits of using BCAAs in your daily routine.June 25, 2018
How to stay motivated to work out when travelling as a nomad.September 18, 2018
We all know the feeling, you are always travelling and finding it hard to get to a gym or find a park to go for a run so here are 5 exercises you could do every day in your Airbnb room that will help you keep on track.
- Burpees – I love burpees! I can see you rolling your eyes as you read this. But hear me out. Burpees are a fantastic dynamic movement. They get your heart pumping and the blood flowing around your body and also work our your arms shoulders and chest if you take the time to do the push up part effectively.
- Squat jumps – these will again keep you heart racing and give you a quad workout. The reason for the jump is to activate those muscles a little more and get them working that little bit harder. When doing your squat jumps, think about your form and keep your chest up and the bum as low down to the floor as possible. Do not half arse these.
- Static Lunges – you can grab something heavy around the room to add some depth to this, shampoo bottles work well as do water bottles. Make sure that your front knee does not over shoot your toes and that you are dropping almost to the floor with your other leg. Your leading leg should create a right angle to your knee.
- Mountain climbers – keeping the energy high and the blood flowing, mountain climbers will work out your muscles as long as you bring your feet as close as you can to your hands.
- Bed jumps – This one is the fun one! Make sure you check the bed is sturdy enough to take you jumping on it. Don’t want anyone loosing their deposit due to this exercise. If it is not then use a bench or chair in the room. Jump on the bed with both feet at the same time and step back down. Again this dynamic exercise will activate those muscles whilst keeping the heart rate high.
Turn this into a HITT workout with 40 seconds of work and a 20 seconds of rest between exercises and repeat 3 times for a 15 minute heart raiser. This is great first thing in the morning before a day exploring your new city.
Comment below and let me know what you think and how you get on with this routine.