Travelling SoloNovember 7, 2016
Recharge, refuel and switch offMay 23, 2017
Decided you want to House Sit? Not sure how nail your house sitting application? It can be tricky to nail that first one but it is not impossible. House sitting is a great way to see the world and travel for free. I personally only take the longer ones as I don’t want to go to a new place for just a few days or a week. I also use a platform called Trustedhousesitters.com
- Start by creating a personalised application. Really read what they have written in their advert and comment and relate to it. They have in excess of 20-30 applicants for a house.
- Follow up. If you haven’t heard anything in a few days send them a message to say just thought I would drop you a line and see if you had made a decision, if you have any questions then please do not hesitate to flick me a message
- Add pictures of yourself with animals you have looked after. Build a profile of what you do, even if it is just friends animals.
- Get verified. It takes a few minutes and doesn’t cost you anything to get to your standard verification level. This can help with the tipping process when someone is deciding.
- Ask for reviews. If you haven’t done a house sit yet then ask friends and family to give you character references. The more the better. People do look at these. It is like trip advisor really.
Once you start doing it you will realise you get regular clients that go on holiday that would like you to come back and help out when needed. You can very easily spend so much time house sitting and it truely is a great way to travel and see the world, you get to see a place that is usually reserved for the locals so it is unique.
If you loved this post then please do share on Pinterest: